Monday, 14 July 2014

Slowly But Surely...

I am returning to sewing. I took all the colours squares from 2 Kona charm square packs and sewed them together into a square. 

I am now in the process of adding white borders with whatever fabric I have at the moment. 

The finished size will be a mystery. LOL. Might make a nice baby quilt?


Here is the pattern I'm making in my sewing class. We spent the first night measuring ourselves and learning how to adjust the pattern pieces. We actually pinned the paper pieces together and tried it on to make some of the adjustments. 

Due to all those years on swim team, I have to let out the back then we'll taper it in once it is together. 

I am learning lots and feeling happier about sewing clothes again. Maybe they will fit more comfortably and I'll wear them more often. 

While we were away on a teacher course in Kanata I dropped into The Running Stitch. 

What a lovely store. Bright
Colours, great light and friendly staff. 

I bought a kit to make Zen Chic's Open Your Window pattern. 

It uses her Sphere Layer cake for the windows. 

I also picked up some oak shot fabric. I haven't used this before but I love how it looks. 

A new pattern to use up some scraps?
Sorry the pictures are so big. I didn't have a computer so I've been using my iPhone and iPad. Things will back to normal because after saving all my loonies and toonies I was able to put it towards the cost of a new laptop. Yeah!
Talk soon,

Barb

6 comments:

  1. It does look like you are having some fun. I have seen the Oakshot fabric, but the price was way out of my range, almost twice as much as regular cotton. I like the Sedimentary pattern. Very nince.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I treated myself to the Oakshot since we were on a working holiday. My sister, Sharon fell in love with the stripes. I think this quilt will be a keeper.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice to see you are keeping the shop going xx It is always fun to let a quilt take you along and see how it comes out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a nice quilt to ease back into my quilting mojo. I have 2 weeks until a university course starts with lots of reading so I better get going so it won't end up in the WIP box!

      Barb

      Delete
  4. Do not apologise for big pictures! the pictures are lovely, and you can keep them that size as far as I am concerned!

    The oakshott looks lovely, and I am so pleased you are dressmaking, it is just as satisfying as quilting, in a different way! Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am enjoying learning how to adjust standard B cup patterns to my not so standard frame. I think I'll wear more of my clothes that I make now that the fit will be better.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete