Sunday, 11 May 2014

I Know, I Know....

I haven't written on this blog for some time. I know excuses, excuses. Work has been "creativity crushing" and I have put projects aside. I have been sewing, just not quilts. I picked up a pattern at a favourite quilt shop and I have been making soup cozies.

They are great, I put them in my lunch and reheat food in the microwave and no burnt fingers!

soup bowl fits inside the well
bottom of cozy

Inside of cozy

Stack ready to make some more!
Sally came to a workshop with me and helped me make a stop motion video.

video

I signed up for a sewing class during the summer. I will be taking a class to make a cotton blouse/shirt. I need to learn how to customize the paper patterns so they fit me. We will be making McCall's pattern M6035.

I am also in the process of signing up for a class with Jacquie Gerring. I hope to take her Slash and Insert class over the summer.

I can feel my sewing mojo returning slowly. I am reading blogs and getting inspired by all the hard work out there. I'll be getting back to more regular posts now that work is winding down and I have a new job to go to in September. Talk soon,



2 comments:

  1. nice to see you .. and your friend xx you have been sewing x they look like a great idea.. not seen them before x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you - I tJacquie Gering's Craftsy class and she is a great teacher! I'm sure that the workshop will get your creative juices flowing like crazy!

    ReplyDelete