Wednesday, 21 May 2014

A New Bag For a New iPad

Since I have to turn in my school iPad at the end of the school year I decided to buy a personal iPad for my own use. 

Therefore It needed a bag to carry it and protect it. I picked out fabric to match the keyboard case I bought. 



I made a pocket for the inside to carry my cords and cloth to wipe finger prints off the screen.


I used the left over binding to cover the strap and I added magnetic catches. The problem is I added them after I put the binding on, so I found some big buttons in my button jar and presto magnets covered!

There is some fancy stitching on the fabric, it helps to quilt the layers together. I bought some "foam" lining for purses and that is what is between the 2 layers of fabric. I'm thinking of taking my messenger bag/purse apart and putting this between the fabric layers too. My purse is too floppy now and things fall out of it when I put it on the floor.


I'm very happy with how it looks. Considering I was supposed to follow a pattern (and I didn't) it worked out great. Now what will I do with the zippers I bought to use with this bag? Hmmmm

Barb

5 comments:

  1. its sooo bright and cheerful x LOVE it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It makes me smile when I look at it. It also attracts kindergartens like moths to a flame. Who knew?
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the print and the strap. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jenn. The fabric just spoke to me and it matches the iPad case so it was win-win. I love covering the mesh straps with matching fabric.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi love the fabric and this is a fab purse for your ipad

    ReplyDelete