Thursday, 30 January 2014

Sharon says...

I should stop entering blog contests if I want any chance of winning the Lottery. She thinks I am using up my luck because I have won a few blog contests. Yeah!!! I love winning.

We have also decided we don't have a chance to win the lottery because we use up our luck on lines too. If we go and line up at a restaurant 2 minutes later we look behind us and there is a huge line up. This goes for coffee, tickets cashing out...

Oh well, I say shrugging my shoulders, as I enter another contest. Tee Hee!

So I entered the contest Sharon (a different Sharon) was holding at her blog, Fabrics & Flowers. She is hosting a QAL for her pattern, Polka Dot Bikini. Her sponsor, Pink Chalk Fabrics offered a $25.00 certificate for the online store, and I won!

I headed to Pink Chalk's website and bought,

the Polka Dot Bikini quilt pattern


a magazine about Modern Quilting


a charm pack of Brigitte Heitland's fabric


and a 1/2 yard of a cool fabric


On the quilting front, I went to my first quilting class at a Quilt Store in a long time. My LQS that I usually go to holds most of it's classes during the day and the quilt classes it does hold at night don't change very often. So I went searching for a new store. The pattern isn't difficult but there is lots of  cutting strips of all different sizes. After shoveling snow (a lot of snow) my wrists are too sore so I'm taking a day break to rest my muscles.

I will check back in when I have Slash and Insert blocks to share (more cutting) and progress in the class I am taking. Happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. be careful with that snow! well done for your wins .. rather win them than the lottery any time x enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! well done you!

    ReplyDelete