Sunday, 22 December 2013

Ice Storm and Lack of Power



Warning - photo heavy!


After I finished my DWR quilt I took a little break from quilting. It's always a little disappointing when the contest is over and,   "sigh"    you didn't win anything. :( 



Oh well! I participated in a couple of blog hops but left my sewing machine alone. I was lucky and won a fat quarter bundle of Kona solids from Dizzy Quilts, the fabric arrived and it is beautiful and it came from a shop I had visited on one of my bus shop hops! (Sew Sisters)
The last 2 weeks before Christmas break are crazy at school and the traffic has been annoying, with several 2 to 2 1/2 hour treks to work because of weather or accidents on the 401, which effects all roads as drivers change to their alternate routes.

We were given an unpaid day off on Friday (a political issue with the Ministry) and then an ice storm hit most of Southern Ontario!

First storm!
The bench at Mum's place

Bush outside our house.

Rose of Sharon buds outside our house.
Second Storm!
Lake Ontario and a park with tree damage.

Large number of branches on ground.
Large trees lost branches.

Branches just seemed to slice off.

More damage.
Our back porch, lovely icicles.

Our Rose of Sharon bush completely squashed by the ice. It was as tall as the lamp post.

Perhaps this should say free ice take all you want!

2 comments:

  1. try and keep safe .. and warm x I know the ice is dangerous .. but it is also very beautiful x Have a great Christmas and have a rest xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay warm! :-)
    Happy holidays!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete