Thursday, 26 December 2013

A Mix of Old and New


Mum's teak table set we are now using.
Sharon made Christmas dinner for Mum and I. It was scrumptious! We started with carrot soup then we had salmon and a cauliflower and rice gratin as well as beets and green beans. I am in charge of custard for Mum and Sharon's Christmas pudding. I eat it with shortbread.

We set the table with my Grandparents china and our imitation Depression glass wear. I am looking for tea cups to go with the china. We found egg cups awhile ago so I think I can find more cups, we only have 2. :( We added snowflake vases and small ornaments we found at Loblaw's.
Poppy (Australian Shepard)  and Tinker (Morkie)

Mum took Tinker back when we dropped her home Christmas night because the ice is cleared near her apartment. The ladies missed Tinker so they will be happy to see her in the halls. Poppy misses Tinker and spent much of today looking for her and moping.

Beautiful but worrisome.

On the ice storm front, we are doing well. We had a few flickers today and we are watching our tree in the backyard as snow piles on top of the ice. At night the temperature is low enough that we have heard the ice cracking. It scared us at first, we thought the house was being hit by something or the roof was falling off, but the ice must be freezing up after warming up during the day. Of course the dogs have to bark and protect us. LOL We have friends in Scarborough without power still. They are moving in with family.

 I have lost my sewing mojo, as well, I don't want to use my machines until the power settles down. I am fighting off a small cold and just don't feel creative. I bought some pantographs when they were on sale so I want to try them out before I go back to work. I'm going to take it one day at a time. I'm having coffee with friends tomorrow so that will be a nice change. Keep checking in I might get creative yet. Tee Hee.

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing pics of your home. Beautiful dishes too. Happy New year : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. your table looks beautiful xx Keep warm and safe .. if you can x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those dishes and those two adorable dogs. We got hit by the storm big time but everything seems to have gone back to normal....fingers crossed:)

    ReplyDelete