Sunday, 10 November 2013

Hi! Remember Me?

Yes, I've been gone for a long time.  No, I was not burried under Barb's quilting stuff!!!  I have, however,  been dealing with some health issues that make me extremely tired and have low (pretty much next to nothing) energy.  Getting back to work in September was difficult and extra things like blogging, organizing the basement and getting my stained glass studio up and running went by the way side.  I gave up a lot of extras that I'm usually involved in through work too, but had to decide to focus on my health and well being.  It was difficulty to say, "No." to people but worth it so far.  I'm finally feeling a little more lively so I plan to be back more often.  I might even get to show you some progress on my studio!

We've had some really weird weather in Southern Ontario the past month or so.  It goes from unusually warm to cool to cold, rainy and dark.  All the changes in the weather have created some beautiful skies for day dreaming and gazing!

Holt Road early, early morning!
Dropping Poppy off at daycare gives me some time on back country roads where I am greeted to breathtaking sunrises like this one.  Really cold morning with our first hard frost of the season.


Barb stopped at a light and took this photo on the way to work one morning.
We have had so many rainbows these past few weeks.  While out on yard duty I saw one that was circular and formed a ring around the sun which was shining through an overcast sky.  I think it's called a Snow Dog. 
Taken from our family room window on a weekend morning.






This was the weirdest cloud.  
It looked like a tornado and over time it got bigger and bigger until it faded out.

How's weather near you?


4 comments:

  1. glad you are beginning to feel better .. and getting back to blogging x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane, Thank you so much! I was a little nervous about starting again, but supportive comments like yours make it so much easier.
      Sharon

      Delete
  2. It is nico have you back!
    It is a bit chilly here , hats and gloves are preferable. I had to deice my car this morning.
    Greeting from a dark and windy Europe!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Esther, I think your weather just arrived in Canada. It got so cold overnight and some areas of Ontario are receiving some snow right now! Thankfully not us, yet!
      Sharon

      Delete