Sunday, 22 September 2013

Phew! Boy Am I Tired!

Well I've been away for awhile. :) Sharon and I went back to work and we have been so tired that we get home eat and crash on the couch. I haven't had the energy to do more than load a quilt back on my longarm machine then stop.

So this weekend I found a little energy and loaded the rest of the quilt layers of my "Twisted Kitty" and basted it so I can quilt it after work next week. I'm also running a Book Fair in the Library this week, so we'll see if I have the energy- oh and it's Meet the Teacher Night this week too! Okay so I'll probably work on this next weekend. :(

I made this with a set of 5" squares of Hello Kitty fabric.
I fused the pictures of the pigeon, bus, driver and speech bubbles to the background of my "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus" quilt. Then zigzagged around the characters in black and the speech bubbles in white. I have some ideas for quilting this quilt. I'd like to make a road for the bus but I'm not sure of the design I will use, any ideas would be appreciated. I think I'll check out Leah Day's quilt site she has quite a few designs there.

Now I need to join the sides to the center panel. You can see the pigeon toes block in the corner.

I added large brick-a-brack to the seam to make it more interesting.
Then since I had my machine loaded with white embroidery thread I zigzagged around the letters of my "Keep Calm and Carry On" quilt.


Nice shiny thread!
I had some trouble zigzagging around the crown, there are a lot of twists and turns to sew around.

Before

After, not bad.
I might add some jewels to the crown when it is finished being quilted, hmmm what gems to add?
I plan on doing a simple quilting pattern on this quilt. I'm not sure of the pattern yet but it will be subtle.

http://www.hawthornethreads.com/fabric/designer/makower_uk_/london/crowns_in_red
I went to Hawthorne Threads' site to pick out a background fabric for this quilt. I think this design works perfectly.
I hope I will be back on my feet and running soon!


3 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks so fun with the little pigeon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes there are just not enough hours in the day.. never mind the week x put your feet up and have a rest.. you can always do hand work as you sit there!! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids loved "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus" when they were the right age for it! What a great idea for a quilt. "Keep Calm and Cary On" is pretty cool too - I could use one of those reminders every now and then :)

    ReplyDelete