Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Progress on the Longarm


I can see the waves in the borders that will be a problem on the frame.
I have had my Jewel: Triangle Log Cabin quilt on the LA frame since the middle of June.


I started it then got busy and distracted by other projects and lets face it I got scared of that big ol' machine!


So I put it off and put it off but every time I walked past it I saw that quilt and told myself I would get it finished soon. Well it is finally finished and off the frame and I have the binding finished. I took pictures but I'm not very good at this without Sharon to help me set up the pictures so here goes.





After I photographed it I threw it in the wash with a colour catcher to soften it up. I hadn't washed the fabric first because it was made from a scrap bag of Central Park. I got Sharon to hold it for me when she got home so you could see the whole quilt. Of course it got windy!
Oops! I was supposed to crop her feet!

The backing.

A close-up of the quilting on the back.

Another view of the quilting. Hey I'm not afraid to show the back of my quilting now.



2 comments:

  1. Very very cool! Love all that quilting

    ReplyDelete
  2. may have taken a while but it looks good x its just practice .. which then brings confidence xx

    ReplyDelete