Saturday, 25 May 2013

Lindsay Quilt Show

Today Sharon and I went to the farmers' Market as usual on an early Saturday morning, then we headed over to Lindsay for the quilt show. We saw a wide variety of quilts and I took a few photos with my phone.
close up detail









I also checked out the booths of the vendors and I found a new tool I'm excited to use when I need it next time.
It was introduced as an electric seam ripper!
It looks like my dog clippers but smaller, see the size of the battery.


A close up of the teeth.
If you carefully pull the fabric back you can cut the threads with the clipper. I think the ladies in my next class will be jealous when I pull this out in class. Tee Hee! Maybe I'll try to make a little video to show you how it works. Hmmmm! Okay this is a first for me, yeah! a video. How easy is this to rip out a seam? a little wipe with the lint roller and you're ready to go!



I took this photo for Sharon because she does stained glass.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...what beautiful quilts. Quilt shows either inspire me or make me feel inadequate in my own endeavors...but usually they inspire me! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete