Sunday, 5 May 2013

Busy Weekend

Wow it's amazing what you can get done if you wake up early on a Saturday! Sharon and I headed up to Peterborough for the Farmers Market.





 It was outside because it was so warm (usually it's inside during the winter and Spring). We eat a lot of vegetables being vegetarians and now Sharon has us juicing with her new toy - a Vitamixer.

 We made our purchases then headed to the Feelings in Fabric Quilt Show put on by the Kawartha Quiltmakers' Guild. I had about 30 - 40 minutes to spend there. I bought thread :)

Love this quilting.
This is so much better in person.


Wow, this is amazing!

Love the quilting.
 

Next we grabbed a coffee and then we drove home. Sharon went to her 1:00 hair appointment and I loaded my Jewel quilt on my frame.


Later I started the quilting on this quilt. I did one section then unpicked the whole thing, it looked awful. I also found an awesome chalk pencil that will now be my go to pencil when drawing marks on my quilts. This is what I've done so far...
Swirls, circles and back and forth

Piano keys and meander in the border.

Swirls again in the corners.





2 comments:

  1. love to be up early xx not only do you get so much done ... but you have time to think xx quilt looking good x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!
    Ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete