Sunday, 17 March 2013

Where oh where has my ________ gone?

This is a conversation I have with myself weekly:  "I'm sure I had some __________."  "Now just where did I put ___________?"  "How did I end up with three of these?"  At work I hear lots of people saying they don't like to cook or bemoaning the fact that they have to go home and figure out what to make for dinner.  I'm sure lots of people don't like to cook meals each day but I'm not one of them.  I actually enjoy coming home to open the fridge and cupboards to see what I have or to try out a new recipe from one of my many inspirations (magazines, cook books, other blogs, etc.)  The only thing that slows me down is trying to find things!  I can't believe I'm sharing this photo - so messy!

Our pantry is what was suppose to be the "laundry closet" according to the builder but we put our full size washer/dryer in the basement and decided to use it as our pantry.  It's located across from the kitchen but when you open the door the contents can be seen from anywhere in the house - love those open concept house designs - there's no hiding anything!
What lies behind this door ...
Everything is crammed, stacked and hidden.  We also keep some household supplies and Poppy's food supplies in here.
Argh!  I'm so embarrassed!
So everything came out and got sorted, expiry dates checked and put back in some semblance of order! 
I like using glass bottles to store dry goods in.  You can see what is in them, how much you have and sometimes just seeing a food item can spark excitement to cook with it!


I saw this idea on a blog but can't remember which one.  If I come across it again I will give credit to the ingenious blogger!  If you have any other ideas for me I'd love to hear them!
Here's a close up!

Poppy is always close by.  I'm not sure if this was taken before and she just can't stand looking at the mess or after and she's really tired from all the hard work and confusion!?!

Now, what's for dinner?


1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of using glass jars instead of plastic. Never thought of putting my dried goods in them. And the labeling system is so clever! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete