Wednesday, 26 December 2012

Curve Quilt Comes Together

Well it's very quiet around here today. We all (including Poppy) slept in and we are having a lazy day. We are reading, quilting, blogging...
Sharon made an amazing Christmas dinner last night. Our Mum is a good sport and eats our vegetarian fare when she is here. We started out with stuffed mushrooms as starters, YUMMY! Then we had a nut loaf, gravy, mashed potatoes (with sour cream and chives) squash, stuffing, and a corn and bok choy combination. (I'm sure Sharon can make this all sound so much better) For dessert Sharon made a chestnut trifle cake(I think that's what it is called) OMG it was goooood. We were too busy eating to take pictures. Sorry :(

Today I was able to piece my 4 blocks together and now the quilt top is ready for quilting. I'm going to use the same red fabric to bind it when it is finished. My first Modern baby quilt!

It's a little washed out but it is a dull day inside and out so bad for photographs.
A close up!

Now I have to figure out how to fix my frame. I keep trying to level the frame but it makes the problem worse. It feels like I'm pushing the machine up hill at the joints in one direction then I have to stop it from running downhill in the opposite direction. Very frustrating when you are doing fine details.
level
http://www.pdclipart.org/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=31
                                                        
So now I think I'm going to have to look at the joints of the frame and do some adjusting there. If that doesn't work I'll have to call my dealer and see if they can come out and fix it. I just hope it doesn't cost too much for a house call 'cause they are 2 hours away!


2 comments:

  1. Yikes! Hope they can fix it easily. Your curves are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is nice to have a quiet period where you can relax and take stock... mind you when dealing with sewing machines the restful part is debatable!! good luck x

    ReplyDelete