Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Hallowe'en Project

I love Hallowe'en and I love dressing up. So instead of working on a quilt this past 2 weeks I've been planning and sewing my costume. I have lots of costumes in the basement (Star Trek, Bear, Princess, Bee, Spider, Wizard, Fairy...) but I like to wear something different each year. This year I wanted to try to be an avatar like Sailor Moon but I waited too long. Sharon and I were in Value Village where I get a lot of the basic clothes for dressing up and I saw feet and paws with claws and in bright green fur. I decided then and there I was going to be a monster. I also picked up eyes on springs/headband. Then we went to Fabricland And Sharon found some cotton fabric with glow-in-the-dark eyes on it!!! (The scraps are in my quilting scrap bucket) I used an easy dress pattern and some make-up and TA-DA a monster!
I made the dress extra large so I could fit clothes underneath.
At school the Kindergartens insisted I was a cat/kitten. They said I wasn't scary so I couldn't be a monster. I might be a dog! Finally they relented and decided I was a baby monster because I was cute.
There is a quilt in the picture and I made it for my school. Does that count?
Although it's not a recipe and it's not a quilt I am going to link up to Tuesday at the table at a Quilter's Table to show what I've been up to!

4 comments:

  1. haha! Yes this totally counts! SO funny that the kids thought you were a cat or dog! I think you get an A for effort! ;-)
    And thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for giving me a good laugh xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Halloween smile! You look adorable! Whatever you are! Love the paws and feet claws!

    ReplyDelete