Hey I found the blog Running to the Kitchen.
1 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon capers
zest of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons AP flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
juice of 1/2 a lemon
3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, for frying
1. Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a large bowl and mix until fully combined.
2. Heat a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
3. In quarter cup scoops, form the quinoa mixture into patties
4. Place patties in skillet and pan fry 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown, adding additional olive oil as needed.
5. Serve with additional lemon or a dip made with sour cream, lemon juice and avocado if desired.
Here are the changes I made - what you didn't think I wouldn't did you?!?
1 egg was not enough to hold the mixture together so next time I would add 2 eggs.
I omitted the capers, can't stand the things.
I used a white onion since the would probably not get cooked all the way through and have a much milder flavour than yellow or red onions do.
Since my mixture would not form patties I used a ring, filled it with the mixture, pressed down and then removed it. Flipping the cakes was a little difficult hence the extra egg next time!