Wednesday, 18 July 2012

What's On the Quilting Frame this week?

Do you ever have one of those projects that you know you have to get done but you don't really like it so you drag your feet? I have a quilt on my frame that doesn't excite me and I'm not enjoying some of the work on it. I do have a big section to unsew :( because I tried something and Sharon and I both agreed it has to come off.
Yes the walls are painted navy!

This is a mystery quilt I did in a class. I didn't want to do the mystery class because I don't like not having that control over my project. I like to know which fabrics will be going where. So I picked Valentine-ish fabrics cause I figured I could always hang it in the Library on Valentine's Day.

I'm not much of a pink person. I quilted hearts in the outer border. Red border is not done yet.


When I got to see the teacher's finished quilt I really wished I had picked other fabric colours. Oh well it was a learning experience. It is not ugly just not what I would have made on my own.

I have decided I have to try feathers, so this is the quilt to do it on (since it's not a favourite and if I screw up oh well). I actually like the feathers and I'm glad it's white on white!



I used my ruler to do cross hatching on the squares. It reminds my of a trellis.

Today we are going to Uxbridge to see one of my favourite quilt stores. It is lovely there and so cozy. It is a house converted into a shop, they are very friendly there and have a wide variety of materials and tools.

I went on a Shop Hop organized by the owner of the shop. I don't neeeeed any fabric but I do like to go and look around and see what's there. I'll let you know if I buy anything. I haven't been able to leave without something. We are also going to a cooking store while we are there. Sharon likes to look at all the gadgets they have so she can try things out in the kitchen. I love her cooking!

6 comments:

  1. Your quilting is Wonderful! So talented! Hope the pink quilt grows on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shot of the quilt shop in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit I recycled a photo :) I was too excited to go shopping I forgot to get an updated one.
    Barb
    P.S. it is not snowing in Uxbridge, Ontario!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilting is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete