Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Blueberries are bursting!

So this morning I woke up (because my neighbour came home from holidays and decided to power wash his deck - loudly!)  ready for coffee and breakfast but of course - we have no bread, had cereal for dinner last night, what to do, what to do?  Waffles!  My friend Roslin introduced me to waffle making a few years ago.  We've both cooked a lot with the kids in our classes over the past years and Roz is known for her waffles!  She incorporates different ingredients in to her waffles like applesauce, pureed pumpkin and has even made chocolate brownie waffles!  Last year she received a larger waffle maker as a gift from her husband so she passed her small round PC one to me which is perfect for just Barb and I, and I use it for school too.  Thanks Roslin!

I use Bob's Red Mill 10 grain Pancake and Waffle mix as my base and then I add to it.  Ingredients like vanilla, cinnamon, frozen or fresh fruit.  Quick and easy especially when you have nothing else in the cupboard!

Today it's beautiful, plump and juicy blueberries!


You can never have too many blueberries!

Two minutes and poof - breakfast!

What did you have for breakfast today?

Eat well!


4 comments:

  1. save some... Im on the way!! lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doors open and coffee is on! Come by anytime!

      Delete
  2. Now that looks like such a scrumptious breakky! AND I missed it!! Anyhoo, just a quick comment to ask that Barb contact me at mitzjidebos@yahoo.ca with a snail mail address, she won the giveaway from The Bag Lady From The Bay.....now she has to make a wall hanging for the Library! Boo Hoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Happy dance! Thanks Mitts, I've emailed you. Now what will I make - research time!
      Barb

      Delete