Thursday, 19 July 2012

A Visual Homage to the Seam Ripper!

So part way through my quilt I changed my mind about how to quilt the red border. Twice! I know I know but I really wasn't happy with the way it was looking. So as I advanced my quilt on the frame I left that part for later. While I was out shopping in Uxbridge I saw a sample quilt on the wall and now I know what I want to quilt in the borders. I am going to finish all the squares and feathers and the outside border, then I will come back and do the inner red border. I'm sure this is not how it is supposed to be done and I may make a mistake but I need to fix that border. So on a whim I looked at Google images for how many different seam rippers were out there! Wow! There are a lot and some beautiful ones too.

Look at this one from Idaho Beauty's Creative Journey: Additions. It is beautiful.
 Or this one from, Amy's husband at During Quiet Time. I'd love to have one of these.
 This gentleman at Turned Out Great, uses wood and turns it on a lathe then insets a seam ripper.
Well I will be using my seam ripper tomorrow but it doesn't look as nice as any of these. Oh well, enough procrastinating off I go to bed,  I have a lot of work to complete tomorrow.




2 comments:

  1. Yes, these wood handles do look lovely!
    And it takes courage to change one's mind halfway through! Good luck with the result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mamafairy,
      I think I'll look for a seam ripper like the first one. My thumb is going numb using a standard ripper. If I find one I will post about where I got it.
      Barb

      Delete