Saturday, 5 May 2012

Proud Almost Owner of an HQAvante

Well today I drove to The Quilting Bee in Fonthill today to buy my longarm quilting machine and table. It took 2 hours to get there but that was Saturday traffic I don't know how long it would take during the week. The shop is beautiful and they have a great selection of material, rulers, patterns etc. It is inside a log cabin and it is bright and airy and has wonderful displays of quilts. My sister helped my mum pick out fabric for a project while I talked with Kelly the owner about my machine.



Thursday is the big day the day it arrives and gets set up. Now I have to take apart my table top frame and find a place to store it and my 9" throat MegaQuilter while I wait for a buyer.

I have measured the room the frame is going into and I will definitely have to close up my sewing cabinet while I am quilting. We bought a beautiful 1800's Bonnet chest to go in the room to hide my material and quilting stuff. I hope it still fits in the room. Wish me luck! Too many machines and not enough room!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your new venture. I thought about purchasing a longarm last winter. Found out I just don't have the space that it needs. So; still hand quilting...lol. I love hand quilting, but it would be so much fun to play with a new longarm. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete