Thursday, 10 May 2012

It's Here! It's Here!

Today was the day I have been waiting for. I am excited and nervous as well. I keep thinking what on earth am I doing? I can't do this! Then I think well it's done and it's coming and it's paid for so get over it and quilt!!!


I bought thread and needles to practise with, Leader Grips and 2 pantographs.



Part of the Show package was rulers and the ruler base.









The excited part of me planned where the frame would go. The nervous part of me worried it was too big for the room. I thought oh no! I can't sew in here too, there will be no room!



Well it arrived and the gentleman who set it up was fantastic. The machine doesn't move so the frame is nice and level. He put it in the painter tape box on the floor and made sure I was happy with the placement and set up before he left. I can't imagine doing that on my own. The photos don't really show how long it is. It is set up at 12 feet so it is basically the whole room. Now I need to borrow a heat gun to get the Leader grips joined and I'm ready to start!!!

4 comments:

  1. Very exciting! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holey Smokes! What an intimidating machine! I'll look forward to seeing what you turn out with it. Such fun to start new things! (A bit scary, too, of course.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you. I hope you have lots of fun with your new toy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's so exciting! I'm thinking of getting a long arm. Well, not seriously...yet! Look forward to hearing your adventures with yours!

    ReplyDelete