Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Triangles and Quilting

I have been very busy with work, it's our 25th anniversary and with cleaning out 26 years of teaching materials all stored in the basement!!!

I have been working on a project. I recently ventured into the eBay world and bought my first Singer 301 there and now I've been bidding on charm packs. The charm packs are cheaper to ship but once in awhile the shipping is good and I bid on fabric in yards.




I recently bought white, red and a red/white patterned charm pack.


I put a white square on top of a red patterned square.

I marked the quarter inch distance

I sewed around the outside at the quarter inch.
 I saw on someone's blog how they sew all the way around the squares then cut the squares from corner to corner and they get 4 small blocks.

I measured the center marks.


I cut it into 2 pieces.
Then I measured and cut each triangle into 2 pieces.

 I thought this would be perfect for my charm pack fabrics.
Four little blocks from 2 pieces of my charm packs!

 Then I got out grid paper and decided on a pattern to do with my HST blocks. I played with the position of the light and dark triangles and the patterns. I have 1 row sewn together but I'll have to show yoe when I get more rows sewn! Sorry :(

No comments:

Post a Comment