I have had fun trying to sew in loops and twirls and I finally tried it on my quilt top. I was told to have 1 (not 2) glass of wine before I quilt and it helps to relax you.
|I tried out a variegated thread|
That's okay on the small machine but not on my Mega Quilter on my frame. I was trying out a new technique with my new hopping foot and the door bell rang. I looked away for just a sec and I had sewn into my ruler! My machine is okay but I broke the needle (naturally) and now I have a new small hole in my ruler! Imagine if I'd had a glass of wine!
|I tried Baptist Fans but too hard for first time so I changed it to this design. I goes all around the border of the quilt.|
|This is my new set of rulers I just bought.|
|OOPs! theres the hole I sewed into the largest half circle/|
I had a little stretch happen in my side border so I quickly folded the extra fabric over and added a little piece of leftover fabric strip. Now (I hope) it looks intentional!
|I looks better when I zoom out.|
I added the twirls from the Free Motion Challenge in the middle of each pinwheel shape. Due to the multiple layers it was hard to center the twirl. I later learned I could but batting on top and underneath and gently tap the center with a rubber mallet and that will smooth out the bump in the center from all the layers and make it easier to quilt through.
I used up as much fabric from the front as I could to design a backing fabric for the quilt. I have been inspired by all the quilters out there in Blog Land to try a new way of making up my backing fabrics. I like it and it help reduce bits and pieces of leftover fabric sitting in my stash.
My binding is ready now I just have to sew it on and I'm done! I'll show you the finished quilt when I get the binding done. I also have pictures of the quilt I finished for Sharon's classroom. I blogged about it here.