Monday, 20 February 2012

The Hungry Caterpillar

Well I finally quilted the Hungry Caterpillar for my sister's class room. I just have the binding to hand sew on the back and to tack down the sleeve. I used my new Floriani thread for the white areas and used a varigated thread for the coloured areas. I tried out the leaf pattern again but much bigger this time. have a look and let me know what you think! Do you hand sew your binding or do you machine sew your binding?


This quilt is very long and narrow I wasn't able to fit it all in the picture. :(

Here is the meandering stitch done with the white thread.

Here are the leaves done with the variegated thread.

The back of the quilt, you can see both quilting stiches.

My binding, it matches the backing fabric.

The Floriani thread. Very nice and shiny and quilted like a dream.
Here is the variegated thread. I think it is wonderfil.




No comments:

Post a Comment