Sunday, 8 January 2012

Easy Quilt - Finished, Almost!

I bought a remnant of orange Minkey. It is about 60" long. I found fat quarters at a variety of quilt shows and small stores during a shop hop. Then I started looking for a pattern I could use them with. I know, I know it is the backwards way of planning a quilt but hey it worked this time! I bought a magazine and while flipping through it found a pattern I thought I could use.

This is the magazine I bought.

This is the pattern I chose to make.

My calculations! I had to figure out if I could use the measurements for a large quilt and adapt it to a lap quilt.

I quilted it on my acrylic tabletop Superquilter. I will bind it tomorrow. The backing is bright orange. The front is a variety of oranges, yellows and browns. It is so soft and warm. I am looking forward to using it while reading/watching TV this winter. When it arrives :)
Hey I didn't know the colour for this year is orange/tangerine.



No comments:

Post a Comment