Saturday, 7 January 2012

The Continuing Saga of the Stitch Regulator

I have been trying out different threads on sample fabrics. I was able to use Wonderfil Confetti and a polyester rainbow thread but I tried out a twisted thread on the sample and it worked but when I tried it on my quilt it broke in the bobbin and the top thread :(( I tried to use a pantograph but it didn't look like I'd like it to. So I did the overall meander pattern with a regular confetti thread. More practise is necessary but I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Here's my quilt loaded onto the frame.

I added leaders to the sides as well as the top and bottom so I could run off the side if I needed to!
I ended up using a variegated Tutti thread in the top and a beige Confetti in the bobbin. This was very successful!  (Notice my CD case? I use it to stop my machine from moving. Tee hee!)




My meandering stitch.
The edges show where I stretched the quilt but I am happy with my first attempt on a real quilt.






No comments:

Post a Comment