Monday, 20 June 2011

June is a busy Month


I've been sewing as much as I can fit into the June rush. With school coming to an end and all the work that needs to be done to finish the year! Yikes! I finished a purse for Sharon and a quilt top too.



#1181 - Gadget Girl from Whistlepig Creek Productions, www.wpcreek.com



The quilt was made from 2 bundles of Moda scrap bags. A friend gave me the second bundle. I had enough of the colours to make the stars (blue, green, red and white). I had to buy the background fabric and the red and white snowball fabrics.  This pattern was based on a pattern called "Merry and Bright Stars". I loved starting this quilt. I had to match strips of fabric to sew together in order to cut them into the triangles for the starts. I will admit I don't want to cut or sew another triangle based quilt for a while. By the end I just wanted it finished :( I will finish quilting it over the summer and I may sell this quilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment